Sunday 19 February 2012

Super Giddy!!..

....like a kid at christmas! :D  

On Friday i booked my holiday.. yipeeeeeee - In July i am going to Kefalos, Kos in Greece for two weeks -  I absolutely cannot wait!!
My suitcase is out already! lol, i have written a list of essential things i need to buy.. sun lotion, insect repellent etc & i'm going into town sometime next week to go buy it all! - yes i know i'm getting a little ahead of myself but hey.. it's good to be organised!! lol
I always manage to get away somewhere every year but haven't been abroad now for a couple of years, so this relaxing break in the red hot sun is MUCH needed and will be well appreciated! - The 2 photo's below are of the place where i'm staying & the view from the apt's - looks gorgeous.. can't wait to be there!!!!! :D

I wasn't able to change the size of the photo's so excuse the fact that they over-lap a little! :/
Photos of Jack's I & II Apartments, Kefalos
This photo of Jack's I & II Apartments is courtesy of TripAdvisor

Photos of Jack's I & II Apartments, Kefalos
This photo of Jack's I & II Apartments is courtesy of TripAdvisor

I was in the travel agents almost 2 hours altogether!! I knew i wanted to holiday in either Greece or Cyprus, so i just asked the agent to find me a great deal in either place! These apartments in Kefalos were one of the places we looked at to begin with and after dismissing so many other places for reasons such as no pool, too far from the beach etc, we finally settled on a lovely little place.. untill it came to the flight details - it was a Saturday flight - I needed a mid-week flight as it had to coincide with my shifts at work and the time i was allowed off, so when we looked further into the details of this place i was happy to find out that they do Thursday flights - 'book it' i said, otherwise i would have spent the whole day in there! lol
We'd spotted the same place on their website £70 cheaper so not only did she honour it at that price, she also offered me an extra 5% off if i said i was a town footie fan, i'm not but i was for that extra 5% off! lol
So i left Thomas Cook with rather a big grin on my face and have done nothing but go over in my mind what i'm gonna do when i get there lol


Today i was searching for pictures and information about the place, places to go, things to do, nice restaurants etc and of course i couldn't resist a peek on trip advisor. Even though i know most people on there slate everywhere unnecessarily, i have been to Greece five times now and have never had a bad word to say about any place i have stayed. Although i pulled a few faces at some of the comments i read about the place, i am 99.9% sure i will enjoy it as much, if not more than i have before!

So now all i need to do is find a Countdown clock to put on here so i get even more giddy about my holiday getting closer & closer!! :)

Thanks for reading..

Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment